2021-01-18 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

2021-01-18 snapshot

Post by jlv »

Changes:
  • New Javascript functions: mx.find_statue(), mx.find_billboard(), mx.add_statue(), mx.add_billboard(), mx.gate_from_timing_position(), mx.get_player_slot(), mx.broadcast_script_message().
  • Fixed flaggers flagging for disconnected riders.
  • Fixed software mixer bug when playing longish samples.
  • If the script file is named "nofrills.js", it now counts towards the track hash so client's can't use modified scripts.
  • Fixed erode bug/exploit.
  • Removed some redundant division for slightly faster erode.
  • Client version is now 42.
Windows users: https://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mx-20 ... 8-1548.exe
Linux users: https://mxsimulator.com/snapshots/mxbin-2021-01-18-1548

Replace mx.exe or mxbin with one of the above files. The default location for mx.exe should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator". I'd keep a backup of the originals since these aren't well tested.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
jlv
Site Admin

Re: 2021-01-18 snapshot

Post by jlv »

There's an example of using the new script message system here.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Motospun

Post by Motospun »

The soccer server is so sick
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

Does this mean we could have crowds cheering for passes into the lead or leaders crashing?
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

Due my little knowledge I gotta ask in a good way, what are the possibilities this snapshot offers. I guess if a soccer ball moves, a haybale can be movable also but, what else can be done regarding the other functions?
Alex V111#1017
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Can we please get the “boing” sound you hear when you hit the soccer ball every time you hit someone in a race
Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

We out here expecting a serious snapshot and Jlv comes with a soccer ball. Hahahah JK thanks that might open some doors for track makers, thanks
Lancer2004
Team: Shitter

Post by Lancer2004 »

am i the only one that got a virus warning from the snapshot when I tried to open the game with the new one?
Image <-- Discord

Image <-- payson is big brain
shaun
Team: kr3w

Post by shaun »

I got a virus warning when opening snapshot?? any idea whats up
If you aint mixing gas you aint hauling ass
brapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Jakob Hubbard wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:46 am Does this mean we could have crowds cheering for passes into the lead or leaders crashing?
That was already possible before this update.
VUSTTOS wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am Due my little knowledge I gotta ask in a good way, what are the possibilities this snapshot offers. I guess if a soccer ball moves, a haybale can be movable also but, what else can be done regarding the other functions?
I wouldn't use this for moving bales. It wouldn't scale well for hundreds of bales and I don't think having bales all over the place would be much fun in a real race anyway.

This is more for alternate game modes. You could use this to make king of the hill or capture the flag modes, or maybe enduro scoring. (Not exactly sure how enduro scoring works though.)
shaun wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:39 pm I got a virus warning when opening snapshot?? any idea whats up
It's a false positive.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
dominicschofield
Team: VlastMX.com

Post by dominicschofield »

I have my own personal server but it can't read the scripts needed to allow the ball to move on impact. How would I import the scripts to my own server so my friends and I can have fun on a private server?
(im using your "mxserver" with javascripts)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

dominicschofield wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:13 am I have my own personal server but it can't read the scripts needed to allow the ball to move on impact. How would I import the scripts to my own server so my friends and I can have fun on a private server?
It requires a new server that I haven't posted yet. Probably going to post it by tomorrow.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
dominicschofield
Team: VlastMX.com

Post by dominicschofield »

jlv wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:26 am
dominicschofield wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:13 am I have my own personal server but it can't read the scripts needed to allow the ball to move on impact. How would I import the scripts to my own server so my friends and I can have fun on a private server?
It requires a new server that I haven't posted yet. Probably going to post it by tomorrow.
Ahhh awesome!! Thank you, I appreciate it!!
freakinsteez
Team: Privateer

Post by freakinsteez »

im not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, delete if necessary. I have updated to the 1.18 snapshot but when i try to load a lobby off the servers page, it puts me on 1.13 snapshot, i do not have the first clue how to fix this, and google provided nothing for me. also, when i add editor or erode in the target line, its saying the file path is not correct. im not good with computers so this is pretty new to me. im sorry.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

freakinsteez wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm im not sure if this is the correct thread to post this, delete if necessary. I have updated to the 1.18 snapshot but when i try to load a lobby off the servers page, it puts me on 1.13 snapshot, i do not have the first clue how to fix this, and google provided nothing for me. also, when i add editor or erode in the target line, its saying the file path is not correct. im not good with computers so this is pretty new to me. im sorry.
Make sure the snapshot exe is named "mx". The ".exe" extension is hidden by default in file explorer.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com