Seeing EVERYONES skins

Post your suggestions here
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Seeing EVERYONES skins

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

This would be cool so when you hop into a server, you see everyone's bike skins and gear skins. Would make the game even cooler.
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Re: Seeing EVERYONES skins

Post by Scotty226 »

I don't want to download random goons skins...
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Scotty226 wrote:I don't want to download random goons skins...
Now I feel offended.
Scotty226

Post by Scotty226 »

Why? I never picked you out haha and you are one of the main reasons i got into mxs with you mac tutorial :)
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
YZF-Mark
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotorcycleSuperstore

Post by YZF-Mark »

STFU your a faggot, you always complain about other peoples ideas...It a forum for F*ck sake...Seriously shut up you inconsiderate douche bag! :evil: :evil:
Honestly your so f*cking annoying every new post that is made has scotty complaining!

BTW man I agree good idea :)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If I go on the MXS forum, I automatically see Scotty's posts wherever he goes. Thankfully, I am able to add him to a blacklist.

Thankfully, I only have to see the skins I download and don't have to see the people who paint themselves as assholes doing laps. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

this would be laggy also
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Scotty226 wrote:Why? I never picked you out haha and you are one of the main reasons i got into mxs with you mac tutorial :)
I don't feel offended :p Ah, now I miss my monster energy skin with the linux penguin on the back... :( haha if that's so, that's great! :D

But I'm with you, I'd prefer to not download all noob skins :/

A while back I was thinking about this and came up with an "alternative solution". My idea was to have skins and the text in 2 separate files. Which means if you donwload the Fox 2014 gear, that gear name will stay the same and the only thing you do is create a new image with only the text/number's on the back. In that case you maybe would be able to load at least the skins without name and numbers. About the name file, I was thinking something like spec/norm "type-model-skinname_name" or something, so the game searches for an extension. However this may not be a very pleasant solution.

Would it be a problem to download skins to a temp folder and that reload them onto your opponents next race? Since mxs usually have to restart after you've added a new track/skin, to find it?

I just can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to see skins like that next to you on the startinggate :p
Scotty226

Post by Scotty226 »

Stuff like this is what i meant.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
AirsoftNGaming
Team: Diamond Motorsports
Location: Guatemala City, Guatemala (im from the states though)

Post by AirsoftNGaming »

I mean there is the stock replacement pack 2 but its not the peoples gear. and also it would be cool, what if everytime you enter a server it reads everybodys mx sim files for their skin that they are using and it will show up the rider with his own skin. lol i cant explain it well, certainley a good idea.
Jlillywhite23
Team: 42 Motorsports

Post by Jlillywhite23 »

You won't have to download anything. The server reads all the riders skin files, and they show up. No need to download anything. It could be an option to turn it off, or to turn certain people off so only certain people's gear and graphics show up...
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I don't think you fully realize the meaning of the world "download."

If you're going to see a rider's skins, then your PC will need to reference them from somewhere. Your computer needs to download the skins to show them in game. There are other games that use this function, but frankly, I wouldn't want it for MXS, and it would be tough to implement since the personal folder is loaded on startup rather than while loading a race.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.