How to move your Personal Folder /!\

Post your questions here
Rider_Pro
Team: Rockstar Bud Racing

How to move your Personal Folder /!\

Post by Rider_Pro »

Hi guys!

I have a problem: I want to move my Personal Folder because of my space on my harddrive. I have it on a SSD on which I have Windows and now, I have no place anymore. So I have to move my 10GB folder. So, I moved my Mx Simulator folder (the normal one where you installed it, so it's ok), but the Personal Folder is a another problem. I tried to move it but without deleting it just emptying it and move all that I had in another folder that I called Personal Folder too but in an other SSD. And it doesn't seem working. When I try to play, I don't have all my PNG's gear etc. anymore. And some files come again in the original Personal Folder. It seems to be a "target" where the game searches the informations (gear, tracks etc.). There is for example, a folder which is created automatically "Demo". Oh just one thing, that "Personal Folder" of which I'm speaking is in AppData, etc. (at the start, but I moved it).

I don't speak English very well, so I hope you understood my problem and will probably help me :-) haha
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: How to move your Personal Folder /!\

Post by Wahlamt »

Rider_Pro
Team: Rockstar Bud Racing

Post by Rider_Pro »

Oh, big thanks man, I didn't know the Symlinks but I did one "reverse", just moving my Personal Folder where I wanted to, and doing a Symlink in C:\Users\Marco\AppData\Local , and that works!
Now my Personal Folder still in AppData etc. but it is stored in my other SSD. I just say it if someone was wondering too.

And I'm sorry I didn't see that topic, but big thanks man :D
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Not easy to know all topics ;) Glad it worked!