HELP! No tilemaps?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
QuackGoesDuck
Team: lolidk

Re: HELP! No tilemaps?

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

Wahlamt wrote:I think 1 is supposed to be white, the other one is just really bright.
They are all white. when i watch youtube videos they have green and brown aswell?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

QuackGoesDuck wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:I think 1 is supposed to be white, the other one is just really bright.
They are all white. when i watch youtube videos they have green and brown aswell?
That is super strange. Can you upload your folder on mediafire?, than I can take a look at it.
QuackGoesDuck

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

Wahlamt wrote:
QuackGoesDuck wrote:
That is super strange. Can you upload your folder on mediafire?, than I can take a look at it.
I really dont know if I have done this right. lots of things went wrong but here,

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7xsnwz8io8pcw/MX_Sim
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

QuackGoesDuck wrote:I really dont know if I have done this right. lots of things went wrong but here,
Can you make a rar or zip file of the folder and than upload it? So I can download the whole folder at once. How to make a zip file.
QuackGoesDuck

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

Wahlamt wrote:
QuackGoesDuck wrote:I really dont know if I have done this right. lots of things went wrong but here,
Can you make a rar or zip file of the folder and than upload it? So I can download the whole folder at once. How to make a zip file.
ok thanks, im an idiot haha.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7xsnwz ... //MX%20Sim

hope this is right
QuackGoesDuck

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Hmm strange. They all show up as white on the tilemap list, but at least I can paint with them and they show up correct.
QuackGoesDuck

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

Wahlamt wrote:Hmm strange. They all show up as white on the tilemap list, but at least I can paint with them and they show up correct.
So you can actually paint with the colors? Every tilemap i go on paints the floor white but has a different affect when I drive on them so I might just have to use that and cover it with decals, thanks a lot for all your help dude, I really appreciate it.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

QuackGoesDuck wrote:
Wahlamt wrote:Hmm strange. They all show up as white on the tilemap list, but at least I can paint with them and they show up correct.
So you can actually paint with the colors? Every tilemap i go on paints the floor white but has a different affect when I drive on them so I might just have to use that and cover it with decals, thanks a lot for all your help dude, I really appreciate it.
Yeah, if I paint the dirt, dirt shows up. Same for the grass, sand and concrete. If you have the folder in a subfolder, that could be the cause that the reference is incorrect. By the way (looking back at where you put the folder in), any track that you are going to make yourself, the folder is supposed to go into C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Mx Simulator aka the Personal folder.
chrischanning202

Post by chrischanning202 »

I have this problem too! Just white tilemaps... :(
QuackGoesDuck

Post by QuackGoesDuck »

chrischanning202 wrote:I have this problem too! Just white tilemaps... :(
What I did was figure out which of the 4 (i think 4) tilemaps had the dirt, sand texture and decaled it up after I had finished.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

The tileinfo must be referencing a texture that does not exist. Since you are going to decal over it anyways just make a new texture that is 16x16 and a solid color for each tile just to differentiate between them.