*Track Contest* ParadiseRaceway - Motox161

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
motox161

*Track Contest* ParadiseRaceway - Motox161

Post by motox161 »

I was going for a realist AMA national feel on this track.
Thanks to DJ for his blank map
Thanks to Wakestyle for his AMA stakes
Everything else was done by myself including decals, disp map, and banners.

Heres the track
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?djmioti4jmm
Last edited by motox161 on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gourley #13
DJ99X

Re: *Track Contest* ParadiseRaceway - Motox161

Post by DJ99X »

If anyone say first download, or anything similar, I'll kill them. I got it anyways ;). Review will be up soon
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

OK here we go-

1) Textures are fantastic IMO, especially how it shows where the race lines are. There was a grass texture laying over the track somewhere, but that can be easily removed.
2) Holy shit! Talk about a difficult track!. Out of all the nationals available, this takes the cake for most difficult. You've done a really good job on this disp, even though it is insanely difficult. One gripe though is the jumps section down the bottom. Its very hard to clear them.
3) You did a good job with the objects as well. Has a very nice 'national' feel to it.

Overall, I think the name Paradise Raceway is quite ironic. Feels like Hells Raceway to me :twisted:

Great Job
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

im downloading now
will edit this one with review

ok just got done and all i got to say is ShamWOW! (just saw the commercial and lmaoed had to)

:!: you made it rough and it worked for you way better than it did for wilson or gordy
:!: the whole disp map and decals look good and flow great

:?: some decals are in the wrong spots mostly grass but you werent the first and if this is my worst complaint you got a great track

Overall Score :D 8)
Last edited by Pumaxcs on Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

WHOA i first off i gotta say i was BLOWN AWAY by this track the textures are insane the racing like DJ says its nice how the lines r shown
only problem i got is that the jumps down the back section r very hard to clear but if u get the correct line they r a lot of fun the disp is fantastic and this track definately takes my vote as best national as of right now

what got my vote is how fricken rough this hole track is! its awesome all the braking bumps and bumps after the jumps its so much fun

GREAT track
spencerproracer
Team: Privateer

Post by spencerproracer »

ShamWOW!
A awesome game for sure!
youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/spencerproracer08
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

i think the jumps should be hard to jump, becos then everyone have something to work for. and if we have a race on this track, the jumps and breakingbumps will separate the men from the boys;)...

just an awesome track, awesome.
gordy

Post by gordy »

a pretty good track on your part 161, nicely done.
DISP
overall, it was difficult to say the least
it has a nice flow though, and i didnt find myself stuck in awkward positions that often
however, there are one or two jumps that have you shooting off the track, or overjumping them to the max, some parts of the track could have done with more warning
the braking bumps were alright in areas, but felt unrealistic and man made in others, maybe a bit more variation in height and coverage?
i did like the jumps section that bends to the right, towards the end of the track, really is fun when you nail it.
also the whoops are great, i love real big rolling whoops and they ride great in this game.
some areas of the track needed more attention to detail, in terms of smoothness and rideablity, on occasion the jumps feel too jagged, or like they didnt have a smooth enough transistion from flat.

OBJECTS
you have used banners and stakes effectively to get a national feel
however, the banners could have been skinned much better, the "ripples"/shadows in them didnt look very realistic, and could have been finished way better.
also, i think the track could have benefited from some 3d trees in close around the track, it gives the track a much fuller realistic look.

TEXTURES
they look pretty good,
great infact in some corners and bumpy sections, however, i found that they looked best when the white overlay was used more sporadically, as it felt artificial on some straights, and threw off the variation and "spottiness" that i liked about the textures on this track.
also as mentioned, you had issues with grass textures going onto the track in some corners.
instupitious.
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

2:52 With 2 crashes lol.. i got 2 crashes in the start then i dident care if i fell down and just rode on, and yeah, 1 more crash, at the doubble doubble doubble thing, ;/
will improve

peace
frederick

Post by frederick »

noway? let me se a demo of that, im having trouble to not fall 2 times a lap, so my best right now is 2.58.0
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

frederick wrote:noway? let me se a demo of that, im having trouble to not fall 2 times a lap, so my best right now is 2.58.0
Lol, i dunno how i got it that fast, but i will post it up, i always fall at the start, after that hill, and then the turn before those doubbles.. that sucks ^^ but i will improve more i think, got the hang of it now ^^ BTW how do i do to make it record my best lap?

Peace
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

2:42 new record ^^ 2 crashes i think it was,
My fast lap is wierd! im like riding under the ground and the map and everything els is soo small! But i think u will see the record time.*
atleast i'l post up my time here,

Peace
Last edited by enzopersson on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Damn, just as I get a 2:53.4, you go 10 seconds faster. I'll have another crack tomorrow
enzopersson

Post by enzopersson »

DJ wrote:Damn, just as I get a 2:53.4, you go 10 seconds faster. I'll have another crack tomorrow

Cool, but wierd, im in no team :o and ur in the most famus team ^^ but i'l guess u will go faster, As i will :twisted: haha.

Peace
frederick

Post by frederick »

WTF?!?! do you guys have like the suspension of suspensions or wtf is your secret? :x