Question for the computer smart..

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Jonezy677

Question for the computer smart..

Post by Jonezy677 »

Hey guys, Im planning on buying a new system for myself for xmas, because right now I cant take full advantage of this game with my crappy laptop. I dont know much about computers besides the basics, so I need some help. Is there any affordable computers out there that could run this game with 42 riders? Here are a few choices I have been looking at below, if you could let me know if these would be capable of running this game very well that would be great!

Option 1: http://cgi.ebay.com/AMD-6000-Dual-Core- ... 7C294%3A50

$786
CPU - AMD Dual Core X2 6000+ CPU 3ghz
Motherboard - Asus M3N72-D Nforce 750a SLI Motherboard
Memory - 4GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM
Hard Drive - 500GB 32MB SATAII HD
Optical Drive -20x Lightscribe SATA DVD-RW
Video - Dual Nvidia 9500GT 512MB VGA Cards
Case - Apevia X-Plorer Black w/ 575W PSU

Option 2: http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-QUAD-CORE-Q94 ... 7C294%3A50

$746
Processor: Intel Quad Core Q9400 6000K cache 1333FSB 45nm CPU 2.66ghz
CPU Fan: Intel Heavy Duty Cooling Fan With Heat Sink
Motherboard: Biostar P43D2 1600FSB
Memory: 8GB DDR2 667 PC5300 RAM
Video: nVidia GeForce 9400GT 1GB 16xPCI Express video
Hard drive: 500GB 7200RPM SATA 8MB Cache
CD/DVD drive: 20x DVD +RW/-RW drive (DVD-burner drive)

Option 3: http://cgi.ebay.com/Intel-Quad-Core-Q66 ... 7C294%3A50

$530
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core 2.4GHz 8MB (G0)
CPU Cooler - OCZ Vanquisher Ultra Silence Performance Cooler
Overclocking - ETC Computer Professional OC Service (2.4GHz up to 3.2GHz)
Memory 1 - Kingston DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB/800MHz
Memory 2 - Kingston DDR2 PC2-6400 2GB/800MHz
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L (Intel G31,SATAII,DDR2,PCI-E)
Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE 160GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA II
Optical Drive - LG 22X GH22NS30 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer SATA Rewriter (Black)
Video - NVIDIA GEFORCE 9500GT 1GB DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out (Palit)

I have been looking at the custom-built ebay computers because the ones in best buy, circuit city etc. with these kind of specs are like 3 or 4 grand.
chuey352

Re: Question for the computer smart..

Post by chuey352 »

other than the part where you want to race 42 riders, what else cant you do???
and after you get better then the A.I. theres really no point in riding with them IMO
Mx Simulator OG
ddmx488 wrote: Everyone poops on their keyboard and expects a great skin to pop up in photoshop.
TEAM HONDA
Dustin434
Team: Privateer

Post by Dustin434 »

Off Topic forum
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

definately belongs in the offtopic section
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Yeah but you should knwo that those graphics card are a piece of shit and buy a Ram with higher mhz , 667 is to low
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Jonezy677

Post by Jonezy677 »

chuey352 wrote:other than the part where you want to race 42 riders, what else cant you do???
and after you get better then the A.I. theres really no point in riding with them IMO
I meant once we get online racing, I would love to be able to race with a full gate. And right now I have to have all the settings at half or a bit lower in some cases, and tracks like washougal I cant even think about running unless all the settings are really far down and Im the only rider on the track.
_Factory'BR21_ wrote:Yeah but you should knwo that those graphics card are a piece of shit and buy a Ram with higher mhz , 667 is to low
Even the first one listed with dual cards and 800mhz isnt that good? Any card recommendations? And what mhz should I be looking for for the ram?
Last edited by Jonezy677 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dustin434

Post by Dustin434 »

from what i understand online you only have to load your own rider the other ones work some other way
"90 percent of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra
Thanks To Kawasakis For The Sig
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Either of the first two will get it done. I'm not sure about the 42 rider part though, as they use the same physics calculations as you, so there would be a lot to process there. Neither system is a world record setter, but will get the job done. The dual 9500's will be plenty to run MX sim and most other games at relatively high settings. Factory_BR just has his head in the clouds.

Some things to keep in mind, what OS will you be using. If you are going to be running XP I'd buy the first one because XP won't be able to take advantage of the 8GM of RAM w/ the second computer. Do you want dual or quad core? I'm not a huge fan of the quad core technology right now. There's really nothing out there taking advantage of it right now. I just checked, and it does take advantage of both of my cores, is there anyone running a quad core, or JLV, who could comment on weather or not it will utilize a quad core?

If it were my skrilla I'd buy the first one, for the extra 50 bucks you're really getting a lot. The only thing that would sway me to buy the 2nd one is if MX Sim can take advantage of the quad core, and only if the mobo had multiple PCI-e slots.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

141 wrote:from what i understand online you only have to load your own rider the other ones work some other way
Your computer still has to load all of the graphical models, so you need more video memory for that. Where you are saving is that your computer will only be doing the physics calculations on your computer. Versus racing the AI where your computer has to calculate the physics for every bike on the track.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Phathry25 wrote:Either of the first two will get it done. I'm not sure about the 42 rider part though, as they use the same physics calculations as you, so there would be a lot to process there. Neither system is a world record setter, but will get the job done. The dual 9500's will be plenty to run MX sim and most other games at relatively high settings. Factory_BR just has his head in the clouds.

Some things to keep in mind, what OS will you be using. If you are going to be running XP I'd buy the first one because XP won't be able to take advantage of the 8GM of RAM w/ the second computer. Do you want dual or quad core? I'm not a huge fan of the quad core technology right now. There's really nothing out there taking advantage of it right now. I just checked, and it does take advantage of both of my cores, is there anyone running a quad core, or JLV, who could comment on weather or not it will utilize a quad core?

If it were my skrilla I'd buy the first one, for the extra 50 bucks you're really getting a lot. The only thing that would sway me to buy the 2nd one is if MX Sim can take advantage of the quad core, and only if the mobo had multiple PCI-e slots.
kk man , i agree but why not get a 9600GT ? Is not expensive , if you can buy two 9600GT you have a high power on your computer
I dont undersand why he want a 9500 , i've read some reviews and i dont like it too much
I've a 9600GT on my computer and i just love it , you can't belive his power ! would be amazing dual 9600gt well just putted my thoughs
]_Factory'BR21_ wrote:Yeah but you should knwo that those graphics card are a piece of shit and buy a Ram with higher mhz , 667 is to low
Even the first one listed with dual cards and 800mhz isnt that good? Any card recommendations? And what mhz should I be looking for for the ram?[/quote]

Depends how many money you got , i would buy dual 9600GT , looks almost the same card but is very different and about the Ram there is some 1066 and 1133mhz or something like that i dont rember aswell , somebody tell me if i'm saying wrong numbers and they are ddr3 though
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Jonezy677

Post by Jonezy677 »

I dont "want" a 9500, I dont know what I want, thats why Im asking you guys lol. If there is something better out there, by all means let me know, im willing to spend up to 1100 about. Thanks for the feedback so far guys.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

If you have 1100 to burn you'd be best off just buying all the components and building on on your own. There's a lot more choices to be made though. Intel, or AMD? What brand MOBO? Dual or quad core? What type of RAM? Speed? Brand? What video card, ATI or nVidia? Start reading, different sites will give you different opinions.

As far as building it, if you can build your bike you can build a PC.

I just rebuild my computer in September. I went with an ASUS P5Q Pro MOBO w/ an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00Ghz. I got 4GB of 800Mhz Corsair RAM, dual 2GB sticks. And for a video card I got a nVidia GTX 280 896MB DDR3 by EVGA. The mobo supports SLi, but with just one GTX 280 I can run everything I own maxed out above 100fps, so I'm happy for now. I run everything with the stock clocks intact, and it has proven to be a very stable setup. I kept my old PSU, HD, DVD drive, and case. That's all you'll need to get up and running, a sound card might be beneficial in the future also.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Yes i agree, pre made computers hardly ever are good ! And your computer looks pretty sweet
You like the performance of your GTX280? I'll buy one someday haha
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

_Factory'BR21_ wrote:Yes i agree, pre made computers hardly ever are good ! And your computer looks pretty sweet
You like the performance of your GTX280? I'll buy one someday haha
Do I like it? LOL..Did I mention that I get over 100FPS in all my games, w/ the GFX settings turned to 16xAF and 16xQ AA in the nVidia control panel. MX Sim is locked in at 125FPS when I'm alone, it'll drop to about 70 when I play against the race demo's here. That's with 2048 skins and the new models.