MUD FIM world championship thoughts

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Re: MUD FIM world championship thoughts

Post by shawn1331 »

KTM880 wrote:Where did i attack you?
[rant=]I re-read your first post, you call 2 races a fair go? Are you fucking kidding me? If i gave sim 2 races i would've deleted the game straight up. The same goes for any game really. 2 races is still getting used to the game. I can see what you're getting at with the no clutch and energy drink bullshit. But when you scrub you can gain speed if you do it properly. You can turn the words on the screen off and all of that crap. The game has realistic modes but the gameplay isn't top notch like reflex. I like it better than alive. You won't have to buy all the bikes, gear and other crap, it's already there. It's a game, it's their first go at it. I'll refer you to my post above.
KTM880 wrote:Stop bashing the game and stop bitching. You go out and attempt to make a better game.
[/rant]
That was sarcasm because I can't stand the game. It really only took me 2 trys to getgood at it anyways. There is way to much gimmicky stuff. You don't gain speed by landing and getting a speed boost though, you scrub by staying low and getting to the ground faster. If I had the resources and budget to make a game the first thing I would do is make a list of all the important things that people wanted, like realism, real tracks and bikes, career modes etc. I wouldn't put in gimmicky things to attract young players because we have those motorcross games already. I don't mind playing motorstorm once in awhile but I was hoping this would be an updated alive without buying DLC and it turned out it is almost an advertisement for monster energy because the game really isn't motorcrss. It could be that I play alot of PS3 racing games and I'm used to one thumbstick that I was able to pick it up faster than you and that's fine but from what I played I didn't like it. My oppinion and I'm glad you like the game but for me it doesn't feel good and I'm dissapointed it went the way it did, they made it sound to good to be true.
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

shawn1331 wrote: they made it sound to good to be true.
Thats what i think too. The thing is though it will be close, fun online racing because there's no setups and shit. I think they were trying to simulate the getting to the ground faster thing though by giving you a speed boost. It may not be realistic but imo it's pretty fun.
Oh well. We can only hope they learn from the first game and make the second one way better.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Anyone from europe have an Xbox account I can borrow?
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

KTM880 wrote:
shawn1331 wrote: they made it sound to good to be true.
Thats what i think too. The thing is though it will be close, fun online racing because there's no setups and shit. I think they were trying to simulate the getting to the ground faster thing though by giving you a speed boost. It may not be realistic but imo it's pretty fun.
Oh well. We can only hope they learn from the first game and make the second one way better.
Yeah online might be hit and miss with the collision detection all wonky but the no setups,everyones on the saame level is always welcomed. And that's exactly what they were trying to do with the scrubs but IMO it doesn't work well. would be better off to make the scrubs work like they do in real life because now you can get a considerable boost off a 1ft jump.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

I'm a sucker, so I'll probably still buy it.

Obviously MX Sim is the winner though...
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

I'm actually thinking of buying the game (it comes out tomorrow) just to have some fun on the ps3
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

LOL, hell no...

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DK662

Post by DK662 »

This might be the first mx game I dont buy. I have bought every single one since excite bike!
Anyway after really getting into sim, whats the point? I know playing it will probably just make me want to play mxsim. I will spend my money on a new tire for the race this weekend. :)
motox161

Post by motox161 »

Lmao, this looks like a great game for someone who doesn't know one thing about motocross! ... what a shame :(
Gourley #13
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

If it gets non-moto viewers to get interested in racing and start paying to watch supercross/motocross events, more power to them.
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

I allways wonder what those developers think when they make such a game..
Do they ever really look at the game and say " Hell that looks realistic " ?
I doubt they do..
It's Yahama7 !!!
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

just played the game, i´m sorry but i hate it, it´s just bad, the physics on it seems eaten by washed up animations, there´s lot of glitches and the fmx tricks are pretty bad, they cost a lot to do, it´s a pain in the ass xD
otherwise the game graphics rocks so fucking hard, it´s beautifull!!!.
hope to see mud 2 with some polished animation/ physics, would rock! :D
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Ill give my opinion.

Played the demo on Xbox 360
Im comparing the game to MvA Alive not MXS.
Graphics they are good not anything stand out amazing but as good as Alive.

Menu presentation etc.. is ok again nothing stand out but not really important to me personally as long as i can navigate it easly and it looks fresh and clean im happy.

AI althought they're not realistic in the way they ride, overtakes and line choices etc.. they are tough enough to have fun playing against but im not very fast yet.

which leads me on to controls which overall is ok but the pressing buttons to scrub just full on pisses me of that alone ruins the game.
the physics they are ok arcade ofcoure but not suprisingly as easy to control as alive as i found braking and more body control to rider and throttle control was needed than MvA alive. the bike feel a bit floaty from the ground unlike alive wherei found much more connection to the ground. when in the air the rider feel rigid and impossiable to move around and whip and do other air movements like you could on Alive. am i missing something out or does every jump just involve pressing the scrub button to jump with out just jumping striaght and landing?

Rider animation are basic and pretty lame the scrub animation is nice to start with but bringing the bike back striaght looks lame and pathetic almost like to say that we can't possiable control the bike that good it has to do it for us. but apart from that im happy.

Riders and Bikes are great not problems there that i can see.

Tracks or track for my Glen Helen was ok as a track apart from it not being a replica its ok as a track its self has a fairt amount of challenge to it.
Need some ruts and braking bumps and inside and out side lines as do all the other tracks from what i've seen on Youtube. i have not reall any idea on what the tracks should look liem as i don't follow world mx very much so correct me if im wrong on think any tracks need berms ruts and braking bumps or if they are acutally flat corners.

overall the game is solid apart from the few rider animations and the scrub button and lack of movement with the bike and rider in the air.
(and tracks)
i'd recommend if you're think of giving it ago and buying don't waste your money wait and pick up at bargin price. then the disapointment won't be so painful to handle. :D
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Ill give my opinion.

Played the demo on Xbox 360
Im comparing the game to MvA Alive not MXS.
Graphics they are good not anything stand out amazing but as good as Alive.

Menu presentation etc.. is ok again nothing stand out but not really important to me personally as long as i can navigate it easly and it looks fresh and clean im happy.

AI althought they're not realistic in the way they ride, overtakes and line choices etc.. they are tough enough to have fun playing against but im not very fast yet.

which leads me on to controls which overall is ok but the pressing buttons to scrub just full on pisses me of that alone ruins the game.
the physics they are ok arcade ofcoure but not suprisingly as easy to control as alive as i found braking and more body control to rider and throttle control was needed than MvA alive. the bike feel a bit floaty from the ground unlike alive wherei found much more connection to the ground. when in the air the rider feel rigid and impossiable to move around and whip and do other air movements like you could on Alive. am i missing something out or does every jump just involve pressing the scrub button to jump with out just jumping striaght and landing?

Rider animation are basic and pretty lame the scrub animation is nice to start with but bringing the bike back striaght looks lame and pathetic almost like to say that we can't possiable control the bike that good it has to do it for us. but apart from that im happy.

Riders and Bikes are great not problems there that i can see.

Tracks or track for my Glen Helen was ok as a track apart from it not being a replica its ok as a track its self has a fairt amount of challenge to it.
Need some ruts and braking bumps and inside and out side lines as do all the other tracks from what i've seen on Youtube. i have not reall any idea on what the tracks should look as i don't follow world mx very much so correct me if im wrong on think any tracks need berms ruts and braking bumps or if they are acutally flat corners.

overall the game is solid apart from the few rider animations and the scrub button and lack of movement with the bike and rider in the air.
(and tracks)
i'd recommend if you're think of giving it ago and buying don't waste your money wait and pick up at bargin price. then the disapointment won't be so painful to handle. :D
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

SORRY for the double post and any bad spelling. :roll: