The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by scheeve3 »

I decided to go for rFactor². It feels like a real simulator and has tons of free mods.
While in Iracing you have to pay for nearly everything. And it's +- 90dollars per year for that game. That was certainly something that made my decision stick.
However, the way how iRacing scan the tracks and the cars and such, it's like having a real simulator in your living room. But I don't rly feel it to pay that much more just to have the bumps on the track more accurate.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

It took me a while to get the wheel just right for AC. I need more time to get all giddy about it. Lately I've been the sim juggler. BF3 one night, MXS the other, iRacing the next, DCS on most nights. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Our IT guy just about creamed his pants when he saw DCS vids and then went soft when he found out it's Russian made, say's he can't trust anything from China, Russia or North Korea. Sucks to be paranoid about gaming software just because "The Russian Mafia probably owns DCS and forced them to implement spyware or some kind of backdoor"
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but, Euro Truck Simulator takes skill and concentration. You gotta try it to see what I mean, it's fun. Here's the link to the demo... http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but, Euro Truck Simulator takes skill and concentration. You gotta try it to see what I mean, it's fun. Here's the link to the demo... http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/
This game is sickkkk. I've had it for a while and I just cruise around hahaha
I'm washed.
Kramton
Team: No frippery

Post by Kramton »

Shredded a 1 hour F1 session with Mikey last night. I was faster. :) And drunker. :mrgreen:

Then I added fuel for a few lap run and was still quicker, then near the end of that run I was on my PB by a good margin coming into the last chicane when I ran out of gas! :evil:
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

AuTo MaTik wrote:This game is sickkkk. I've had it for a while and I just cruise around hahaha
I'm considering buying this game. I'm not interested in buying a $300 steering wheel though. Would it still be worth buying in anybody's opinion?
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
TeamHavocRacing

LOL, you can still use the keyboard for everything. I think the content in the demo alone is worth it. It doesn't feel like a demo and I don't know what the limitations are. Using the 6 speed h-pattern and high-low button is killer. My G27 is holding up well after almost 3 years. Worth the money.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kramton wrote:Shredded a 1 hour F1 session with Mikey last night. I was faster. :) And drunker. :mrgreen:

Then I added fuel for a few lap run and was still quicker, then near the end of that run I was on my PB by a good margin coming into the last chicane when I ran out of gas! :evil:
Yeah you do. I got my op lap down to a 32, so I'll be bringing the the heat now! :twisted:
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Kramton

Post by Kramton »

Figured you would end up quicker then me, that's why I had to gloat when I could!
TeamHavocRacing

I saw yer lap of Interlagos Mikey. Damn smooth. I don't devote enough time into a single combo of car and track.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Kramton wrote:Figured you would end up quicker then me, that's why I had to gloat when I could!
Haha yeah well you still got me beat, ive only logged a 33.9.

Funny though, later on in a 2nd session the car felt so nice.

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I saw yer lap of Interlagos Mikey. Damn smooth. I don't devote enough time into a single combo of car and track.
Yeah it wasn't bad but not my PB either. Almost in12s only a tenth off which is pretty sweet!

I never run enough laps in track/car combo unless its the F1, you really need to run laps on road.
My photography work
Kramton

Post by Kramton »

1:32.8 Optimal and a 1:33.2 PB just now. Slowly but surely getting this track dialed in. Thing is the margin for error in these cars is so tiny turning in even a millisecond too early or too late just ruins your lap.
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Post by soc_monki »

i havent gotten into an F1 yet...im still loving all the other content ive been grabbing. Ive almost fast tracked my way into C Road license, so ill be running in the Star Mazdas soon hopefully, still going to run Skip Barbers (fun cars!) and Mustangs. on the oval side ive had hit and miss results. street stocks are a mess in the Rookie class, but if you get a good group they are tons of fun. the bad thing is one or two horrible, inattentive drivers can mess it up for everyone. same with Late Models. Ive had so many good runs, and in one a guy threatened to protest me because i "took him out on purpose". i watched the replay about 50 times, and i held my line. he drifted up into me. idiot. then in my last race everything was awesome until a guy got loose in front of me, i backed off but still tapped him a little, he straightened out and i thought all was fine and then he all of a sudden went sideways again. nowhere to go and i slammed him. such is life? oval racing is so intense when everyone is so close...just one little mistake by anyone and its over. i want to run in the new Gen 6 but well see...those things are fast.

so needless to say, i love iRacing and have been hooked. Kaseo...you can drive the hell out of the iRacing cars, you just have to keep in mind that overheating your tires will cause you to slow down. you have to manage them...like in the Mustangs, i was running pretty good times on Okayama, fast enough to win most of my races, and ill usually push a bit for the first couple laps and run 1:45s, but then back it off to 1:46's or 47s to finish out. i know, there are plenty of people faster but why push so hard when you dont need to? LOL

ive missed the last 2 SX rounds, mostly because of work but i have also been sick so i wasnt up to Daytona. but iRacing has been filling my need for a racing fix. getting better every day :)
Kramton

Post by Kramton »

Jason Scott, right? I'll friend request you when I get home and stuff. You find more stupid little kids in the oval racing because its something they can wrap their head around. You would think it gets better as you move up but it doesn't. Too many rednecks that want to UUUURNHARDT!!!! out there and will just destroy you by being stupid and then try to blame you. Same can be said for road racing. Catch a guy from 10 seconds back in 2 laps and when you pull out to pass him he blocks.... :roll: You usually get the "if you're so much faster just go around me" reply. Dumbfounds me. But with the SR and iR systems you have a better chance at finding a clean race in iRacing than in rFactor 2. Unless you go league racing, then it doesn't matter what you play.

Got down to a 1:32.7 PB and a 1:32.6 optimal. No way I am shaving another whole second off of that lap time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

So many redneck ego's it's crazy. Even in 1300s, people ask to get bump in the draft, they say that they can't hold a line then it all just unloads LOL.

Nice Mark, getting better! Better race now!

Ford G6 here in abit.
My photography work