Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by model_90 »

lookin great Damien, gotta love all the work you put into modeling,keep up the good work
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
fatselektor
Team: Privateer

Post by fatselektor »

Hi, I started to model. This is my first post and my first model. Obviously, it isn't near to be finished, but it's a start. Frame and engine are from 250sx by p2sta. All the advice and criticism are welcome.

Honda CR250 1988
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

That Honda looks awesome!
John23

Post by John23 »

That honda is sick!
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Pretty cool to see a throwback, it's hard to give any criticism though if you can't see the wireframe.
fatselektor

Post by fatselektor »

Thanks for comment. I would like that someone helps me testing and skinning/shading//modeling.

Here you have a screenshot from game with another skin.

fatselektor

Post by fatselektor »

Thanks for comment. I would like that someone helps me testing and skinning/shading//modeling.

Here you have a screenshot from game with another skin.

m121c

Post by m121c »

Well your seat doesn't touch your tank that would be a good thing to fix!

It's really hard to critique a model when you have limited information, if you could show the wire frame, some closeups, certain parts, etc. that would make giving feedback a lot easier and better. Have you made a highpoly model for it? Baked any normal maps? Whats the texture look like? Texture size? Unwrap?

For people who don't really understand why you would need to see the wireframe look at this example:

The cubes are duplicates no? They are no different that you can see. Well lets turn the wireframe on...

fatselektor

Post by fatselektor »

Thanks for your time m121c! As soon i arrive home I will post screenshots with wireframes. I should fix a lot of parts. My 3D skills are limited.I unwrapped all plastics that i made and I made textures for it. Making textures is not hard for me but i am a complete noob making shades. I made a normal map using nvidia normalmap filter plugin in Photoshop. I need learning about normal and spec map. I repeat, if you or someone want to help with normal, shades, model... I could send blend and psd files.

I am not sure of what you mean with: whats texture looks like?
Texture size? 2048px x 2048px.
m121c

Post by m121c »

No problem man! Unfortunately I don't have much free time right now, but I will gladly critic and give advice to anyone who wants it.

Texture as in the "skin". The skin is really just slang for a texture map or a diffuse map.

Look into a high poly to low poly normal map bakes, you should be able to find some good stuff on youtube and google.

We all started somewhere so don't be shy to share you work and put it up for some critic/feedback, no one here is going to laugh or anything (and if they do just ignore it). Everyone here is still learning and it never hurts to get another opinion on it! For the most part most of the top guys around here are more than happy to give a helping hand as long as you are willing to listen and try.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

I kinda like that the seat doesn't touch the tank, it's like an Easter egg.
Hi
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

Boblob801 wrote:I kinda like that the seat doesn't touch the tank, it's like an Easter egg.
"it's like an Easter egg" lmao :lol:
fatselektor

Post by fatselektor »

Hahaha, it is fixed! Tonight(east time +6) i will post screenshots with all fixes that i made and wireframe.
fatselektor

Post by fatselektor »

Hi,

Another screenshot with some parts fixed and reunwrapped almost all the plastics. I will remake more parts soon. I haven't got enough free time.

dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

wire?